The content on this page is specific for 2022-2023 Transfusion Camp. Content for 2023-2024 will start being updated approximately one month ahead of the live event held in Toronto. See General Information Schedules and Locations document for live event dates.
Note that breaks are included throughout the day. See General Information Program Brochure document for detailed agenda. See General Information Schedules and Locations document for information.
Please get ready for Transfusion Camp by reading these publications (typically posted 1 month prior to the live event).
1. Lin, Y, Preoperative anemia screening clinics. Hematology. 2019 Dec 6, 2019(1): 570-576
2. Richards T, Baikady RR, Clevenger B, Butcher A, Abeysiri S, Chau M, Macdougall IC, Murphy G, Swinson R, Collier T, Van Dyck L, Browne J, Bradbury A, Dodd M, Evans R, Brealey D, Anker SD, Klein A. Preoperative intravenous iron to treat anaemia before major abdominal surgery (PREVENTT): a randomised, double-blind, controlled trial. Lancet. 2020 Oct 24;396(10259):1353-1361.
3. Froessler B, Murphy E, Hodyl N. Iron deficiency in PREVENTT. Lancet. 2021 Feb 20;397(10275):668
4. SickKids, Jehova's witnesses and blood products. 2021 April. 8p
5. SickKids, Letter of Understanding – Jehovah’s Witness Patients and Blood Transfusion, Rev. 2007/01, 1 p.
Slides of lectures are posted prior to the live event (typically posted 1 week prior but often the night before).
1. Pre-operative Patient Blood Management (Dr. Yulia Lin)
2. Intra-op Patient Blood Management: Tranexamic Acid; Salvage and Triggers (Dr. Keyvan Karkouti)
3. Congenital Coag - Bleeding history, VWD, Hemophilia (Dr. Natasha Rupani)
4. Reversal of Anitplatelets & Direct Anticoagulants (Dr. Carolyne Elbaz)
Recordings of lectures are posted after the live event (typically posted within 2 weeks). To view the lectures on YouTube, open the video and click on the playlist icon in the top right corner to select your lecture of interest.
Transfusion Camp 2022-2023 Day 3 Perioperative & Bleeding Management summary highlights
Answers for the seminars are posted after the last group of trainees has completed the Transfusion Camp day (this may take several months after the live event).
Review the Guide for Participating in Seminars prior to attending the seminars.
Seminar 3A: Patient Blood Management
Seminar 3B: Advanced Hemostasis Testing & Management