The content on this page is specific for 2022-2023 Transfusion Camp. Content for 2023-2024 will start being updated approximately one month ahead of the live event held in Toronto. See General Information Schedules and Locations document for live event dates.
Note that breaks are included throughout the day.
1. Burns CD. Anemia and red blood cell transfusion in the adult non-bleeding patient. Ann Blood 2022;7:2.
2. ORBCON. Ontario albumin administration recommendations. 2012.
Slides of lectures are posted prior to the live event (typically posted 1 week prior but often the night before).
1. Red Cell Transfusion, Dr. Jeannie Callum
2. Platelet Transfusion - Dr. Katerina Pavenski
3. Blood Bank Testing, Dr. Yulia Lin
4. Albumin, Dr. Justyna Bartoszko
5. Plasma, PCC & Fibrinogen replacement, Dr. Aditi Khandelwal
Recordings of lectures are posted after the live event (typically posted within 2 weeks). To view the lectures on YouTube, open the video and click on the playlist icon in the top right corner to select your lecture of interest.
Transfusion Camp 2022-2023 Day 1: Blood Component & Product Indications, summary highlights will be uploaded in the coming days.
Answers for the seminars are posted after the last group of trainees has completed the Transfusion Camp day (this may take several months after the live event).
Review the Guide for Participating in Seminars prior to attending the seminars.
Seminar 1A: RBC & Platelet Transfusion Cases
Seminar 1B: Plasma, PCC & Fibrinogen Cases
1. Alloimmunization & Anemia in Pregnancy (Dr. Nadine Shehata)
2. Neonatal & Pediatric Transfusion (Dr. Lani Lieberman)