The content on this page is specific for 2021-2022 Transfusion Camp. Content for 2022-2023 will start being updated approximately one month ahead of the live event held in Toronto. See General Information Schedules and Locations document for live event dates.
Note that breaks are included throughout the day.
Please get ready for Transfusion Camp by reading these publications (typically posted 1 week prior to the live event).
1. Callum J, Yeh CH, Petrosoniak A, McVey MJ, Cope S, Thompson T. A regional massive hemorrhage protocol developed through a modified Delphi technique. CMAJ. 2019. DOI:10.9778/cmajo.20190042
2. ORBCON. Ontario albumin administration recommendations. 2012.
1. Taeuber I, Weibel S, Herrmann E, Neef V, Schlesinger T, Kranke P, et. al. Association of Intravenous Tranexamic Acid With Thromboembolic Events and Mortality: A Systematic Review, Meta-analysis, and Meta-regression. JAMA Surg. 2021 Apr 14;156(6):e210884.
3. Devereaux PJ, Marcucci M, Painter TW, Conen D, Lomivorotov V, Sessler DI, et. al.; POISE-3 Investigators. Tranexamic Acid in Patients Undergoing Noncardiac Surgery. N Engl J Med. 2022 Apr 2. Epub ahead of print.
4. Dunbar NM, Delaney M, Murphy MF, Pagano MB, Saifee NH, Seheult J, et. al.; WBIT Study Investigators on behalf of the Biomedical Excellence for Safer Transfusion (BEST) Collaborative. Emergency departments are higher-risk locations for wrong blood in tube errors. Transfusion. 2021 Sep;61(9):2601-2610.
5. Dunbar NM, Kaufman RM; WBIT Study Investigators, The Biomedical Excellence for Safer Transfusion (BEST) Collaborative. Factors associated with wrong blood in tube errors: An international case series - The BEST collaborative study. Transfusion. 2022 Jan;62(1):44-50.
Slides of lectures are posted prior to the live event (typically posted 1 week prior but often the night before).
1. Massive Hemorrhage: Pathophysiology & Evidence Based Management (Dr. Jeannie Callum)
2. Massive Hemorrhage Protocols: Real World Application (Dr. Katerina Pavenski)
3. Albumin (Dr. Justyna Bartoszko)
4. New Updates in Transfusion (Dr. Aditi Khandelwal). Slides of Dr. Khandelwal lecture will not be posted for download. A lecture summary has been provided in the Day 5 highlights.
Recordings of lectures are posted after the live event (typically posted within 2 weeks). To view the lectures on YouTube, open the video and click on the playlist icon in the top right hand corner to select your lecture of interest.
Transfusion Camp 2021-22 Day 5 Massive Transfusion Protocols & Controversial Entities summary highlights.
Answers for the seminars are posted after the last group of trainees has completed the Transfusion Camp day (this may take several months after the live event).
Review the Guide for Participating in Seminars prior to attending the seminars.
Seminar 5A: Massive, Disaster Bleeding Cases